|Bella Q, the Citizen Rosebud is trying on a few fancy new hats.|
Hey world: I'm officially a professional blogger! I've recently been selected, along with a group of top notch local bloggers to write for the fashion/style section of CBS Local, and let me tell you, it is an honor! I just submitted my first article, slated for a July publish date, and I am looking forward to sharing my love of local with the world.
I am also thrilled to announce, starting in November, I'll be adding the position of Fashion Editor to my resume. I am absolutely honored to have been asked by the publisher of the long running alternative arts magazine, Primal Urge to re-start the fashion section as Fashion Editor. I'll be working with my good pal, textile artist and major Sactown fashion icon, thee LINDSAY RICKMAN and we are devoted to representing the indelible and original style of our hometown. Here's the ad, Primal Urge made to announce the coming attraction- hey that's ME!
It is ALWAYS an honor to make IFB's Links Ala Mode Weekly Round-up and this week is NO exception. With Vahni,(Grit & Glamour) offering us bloggers some words of tough love, AND a list of exemplary posts, written by bloggers I admire, respect and many I consider real pals, making this week's LALM list with my"Spin It, Spinster," post, has been the icing on an incredible week of cake.
Hey blogger. Get over yourself. Seriously.Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
This week I'm fresh out of love and rainbows, so there will be no kumbaya intro. Doesn't mean I don't love y'all, but I have got to tell you that lately, I'm a wee bit peeved by the fame-whoring and big-noting going on in the fashion blogosphere (and Twitterverse). Who of us doesn't want brand endorsements and blogging fame? We're all stars in our own right, and there is nothing wrong with ambition. But no one likes a self-absorbed, one-sided braggart. And no one likes an ass-kisser. Period.
Have you given props to someone other than yourself lately? Is every status update about hyping you? Is everything in your life now about the blog? As Emily of Ruby Slipper Journeys wonders in her post, are you capturing reality on your blog or manufacturing it? If any of this sounds like you, you might be on the road to becoming a full-blown fame monster. Maybe it's time to check yourself.
A ChallengeIf you're destined for blogging fame, it will come through dedication, professionalism, and genuine respect. Through interaction, supporting your community, and authenticity. Let's take blogging back to its roots. This week's roundup is chock full of posts teeming with creativity, wit, and wisdom. I challenge you all to not only read and comment on at least 10 blog posts, but to share them as well. Find something that resonates with you and tweet it, like it, stumble it. All those hearts and thumbs up weren't made just for you.
Links à la Mode: June 30th
- Beautifully Invisible: A Rant: Why Women Are (at times) Their Own Worst Enemy
- Bell Street: Zero-waste patternmaking
- Beyond Fabric: Key-carrying options for guys
- Brunette Blogging: Tips & Tricks: How to get more blog traffic
- By Anika: On being non-conformist from within
- Divergent Musings: The blogger's dilemma: I want nice pictures, but do I get a DSLR?
- Fashables: Men that like fashion are gay
- Grit & Glamour: What V Wore: Modern Greek
- Haute in Texas: Lingerie tips and tricks, because life is too short to wear boring panties.
- In Between Seams: Tips on scoring an internship from a Teen Vogue internIndependent Fashion Bloggers: What Twitter Taught Me About Interaction Online
- Kirstin Marie: Fashion Inspiration: Patterns & Textures
- Made-to-Travel: Tumblr party pics and why you should join tumblr for fun—and for your blog.
- Mis Papelicos: A sartorial and philosophical approach to keeping cool
- My Orange Stilettos: The Campaign for Clearer Clothes Sizing
- North On Harper: Runway To Room: Milla Jovovich (translating a red carpet look into a room in your home)
- Over 50 Feeling 40: How I chose what the mother of the bride would wear
- Ruby Slipper Journeys: The problem with "blogger poses," and getting back to what's authentic.
- Sprinkles in Springs: DIY a spiked bag like Alexander Wang's Rocco satchel
- Style Sizzle: It's hot out. Let's talk about (preventing) boob sweat.
- The Citizen Rosebud: As a +40 personal style blogger I share what and why I dress the way I do.
- The Loudmouth Lifestyle: Be a better shopper, part two: Implementation
Women's Shoes Sale at Shopbop: Heeled Sandals, Wedges, Platform Sandals, Pumps, Ballet Flats, Clogs, Heeled Boots, & Gladiators Sandals.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine