THE STRIPED STUFF. Is it the fact that I am now inching my way to age 50, that I am getting to be ok with just being me, as me? No hyped up, perfectly-put-together or best foot forward, kind of me, just a growing quiet acceptance of who I am, flaws and all, and the keen appreciation of where I am.
I wore this outfit, knowing it's nothing remotely close to a "fashion statement," or cool, or inspirational or anything. In fact, I almost didn't bother to take pics, but something kicked in me that late afternoon, to step in front of the camera and shoot a few quick pics: I wanted to chronicle, what I look like and what I am wearing in the day to day, at this point in my life.
- likes stripes
- looks like she gets cold easily
- has a quirky sense of style
- sorta, kinda, maybe, really likes herself
Not sure if you are going to find a lick of inspiration in how to style a sweater here, but I hope you come away with the urge to celebrate yourself, whether or not you happen feel particularly foxy that day. Hey, you don't need to be clever or cute to feel good about yourself. Just. Feel. Good.
To quote the immensely quotable Oscar Wilde:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."
|#SECONDHANDFIRST: 100% secondhand, 100% rosebud|
- black + cobalt acrylic striped ski hat, freebie bin
- J.Crew blue lambswool mens cardigan, Goodwill
- black striped oversized top, purchased years ago from Target
- arm candy: various bangles, all thrifted
- Thrifted denim maxi skirt, Goodwill
- We Love Colors striped tights, available here
- Nine West leather booties, thrifted
Linking to the fabulous Patti for a special edition of VISIBLE MONDAY.