GLAD PLAID. To celebrate the recent happy nuptials of some friends, the couple asked the attendees to wear "bright + colorful clothing," something that gave us joy to wear. The first dress I thought to put on for the occasion, was, of course, a vintage plaid.
|#SECONDHANDFIRST: 100% Secondhand Sources, 100% Rosebud.|
For as long as I can remember, I've been drawn to the play of the lines woven to make the many variations of this pattern, and can't help but feel in my personal element while I wear it. I chose items that I would feel comfortable in all day in the out of door, and that were as fanciful and fun as can be.
I definitely felt in my element amongst the cool woods and quiet of the garden where the ceremony was held, and spending time with the happy newly-weds was a wonderful reminder of how love can be such a beautiful bloom.
- handmade whimsy using vintage materials
- vintage goldtone brooches, various, thrifted
- vintage green, red + black cotton 1950s plaid dress, Trove Vintage Boutique
- vintage gingham half apron, thrifted
- pre-loved black leather platform oxford brogues, thrifted