While riding my bike yesterday afternoon in Sacramento, under the looming branches of the big elm trees, on the wide Midtown streets, over to the studio to set up the space, I pedaled into a realization: that it's when we have less that we are often the most grateful.
Here are the things that I am deeply thankful for this week, in no particular order:
- Mama Q: cheerleader, seamstress & patron all rolled into one
- The generous spirit of Lindsay Rickman who is literally opening up her house to me
- A certain Dahon Ciao 7-speed folding bike that makes getting across town fun and easy
- Dear ol' D, who seems to tolerate my manias and relish my company
- The sweet community of bloggers, local & global
- My cats, Boris, Georgie and Karl
- My neighbors, many of which are also my friends.
- My handful of good friends who without a batting of the eye are there to support me.
- The amazing people I've met this year, through the course of blogging: business owners, artists, photographers, writers, designers, shoppers.
- An impending pumpkin pie eat-a-thon which I enjoy every Thanksgiving holiday
- Eggnog lattes
Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving!