This Saturday marks the art opening for a special show at Cuffs. Cuffs, you may or may not know if arguably one of the sweetest boutiques in Sacramento, and lovely Lacadia, puts together monthly art shows for the walls of Cuffs. This month, she is curating an interesting show, featuring women of Sacramento, and I was honored to be asked to contribute. The theme was Naked Canvas, and we were to draw on clothing/textile inspiration and come up with a self portrait. So with my battery of self portraits in my pocket, I submitted one of my favorites for the exhibition. I am looking forward in seeing the other contributions as well.
Also this week is the Second Sunday Open Air Market at Fringe. I'll be selling some great stuff for $20 and under, along with some of my good blogger pals, so do stop by and shop!
|Lindsay Rickman models some great Fringe vintage. (Photo: Bella Q)|
And to add icing to my lovely cake, I am honored + pleased as punch to make it this week in IFB's Links Ala Mode. IFB is a great network and resource for fashion bloggers, so if you blog about fashion, click the link over on my side bar, + join!
Shorter Days of WinterEdited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
With shorter days of winter on their way, many of us will spend countless hours wrapped in a warm comfy robe, our hands nestled around a cup of hot cocoa, and stalking our favorite blogs and fashion sites. What could be better than online window shopping and thoughts of Santa’s arrival in our heads?
This weeks links showcase some awesome blog posts I’d love to read on a cold winter night.
Take some time to read about Eco friendly designers, tips for pursuing a career in fashion, jewelry tricks, DIY’s, fab bloggers over forty, and more.
Have a great weekend & stay warm!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: NOVEMBER 10th
- Being Zhenya: DIY: Elbow Patches
- Bows & Sparrows: Allison Bethurem, social media marketing & PR manager gives us a glimpse inside her closet.
- Elodie Bubble: Sunglasses trends on spring 2012 runway
- Ethical Fashion Blog: 10 eco fashion designers to watch
- Fashion Dynamite: How to create a bracelet stack
- Fashion is Evolution: The latest edition of "Color Theory" examines pink
- Good Morning Angel: GUCCI ♥ fur & jewels
- Grace Niu: My picks for fabulous cocktail rings, on any budget :)
- Ode to Awe: Designer Collaborations: A look at why Forever 21 fails where competitors succeed
- Over 50 Feeling 40: A different way to look at fashion blogging & why we should work together!!
- Scandalous Beauty: Network Your Butt Off: Creating the Perfect Business Cards for your Blog
- Searching for Style: 5 Things To Consider Before Pursuing a Career in Fashion
- Six Inch Walker: Getting down with leo love & this season's hottest baroques!
- Soy Chiild: The college girl's guide to looking fabulous without sacrificing comfort!
- Statements in Fashion: Channeling Woodstock: Beatles Style!
- Style Abuse: Trend: White for Spring is Groundbreaking
- Style by Mahlia: 7 tips on effective flea market shopping
- The Citizen Rosebud: The plus 40 fashion crowd is NOT invisible. We are growing in number, we are building community
- The Frugalista Diaries: Video Hair Tutorial - Sock "BUMP IT"
- The Style Confessions: The surprising nail polish brand that lasts a whole week without chipping.
Newly Arrived at Shopbop: Herve Leger, Nanette Lepore, Dion Lee, Twenty8Twelve, LeSportsac, Soft Joie, Gorjana, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Sonia Rykiel, Robert Rodriguez, Tory Burch, Ugg, & Halston Heritage.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE.