|Looking for a good fashion investment? Think cashmere.|
But my mustard yellow cashmere sweater is a minor character in this story. I think the star of the show was the sweet babydoll rayon dress, which is probably a year or two old, and purchased on the cheap at gasp! Forever 21. I am NOT a big fan of F-21, and to be honest, I'm not sure I got the dress there, but it was purchased new at a fast fashion shop before I decided to ban those kind of shops. The dress is lovely, however, with its navy floral print and cut out lace back. You can see the back and how I styled the dress last summer HERE.
So I'm going to give you a little style tip. When it comes to mixing colors you can't go wrong with combining the colors of red, yellow and blue. Then throw in some secondary color: green. Look at the outfit and see how it works? While the colors are not the bright primary hues of red, yellow and blue, the muted tone of navy, mustard yellow and bits of burgundy just "go." Then when you see how it pairs with my amazing 1950's corduroy olive green coat you will feel the magic. Go ahead, ooh and awe.
|Can you feel the magic? Wearing red, blue, yellow and green together somehow always matches.|
- Knitted Cloche, Etsy
- My NEW navy sunglasses, Cuffs
- Yellow Cashmere Sweater, J. Crew
- Floral rayon dress, (maybe) F-21
- Black as sin tights, my sock drawer
- Bitchin' platform wedges, Heart Boutique
- Vintage Corduroy Coat, yard sale
- Vintage Butterfly broach, gift (Thanks, D!)
- Necklaces, available at FRINGE
- Vintage plaid bag, thrifted