I'm a thoroughly modern woman, who is by all accounts, more than a little old fashioned. At least when it comes in being inspired by dress. I LOVE "Old Timey." Which, if think about it, was the epitome of MODERN, back in its day. What I look at fondly with a nostalgic glance, was once the rude cut of progress with more than a whiff of future written all over it.
I've been watching my boyfriend play BioShock Infinite- perfectly post-modern in its gorgeous graphics and content, but such a marvelous mix of steam-punk aesthetics with sharp socio-political observations that hang from its storyline like a great science fiction novel.
And possibly the tiniest bit of an inspiration for today's outfit.
|Shopping #SECONDHANDFIRST means FIRST shopping YOUR OWN CLOSET|
- custom ordered hand-knit cloche, an Etsy purchase, 4 years ago
- vintage African shell choker, 3 years ago, thrifted
- handmade Alice brooch, c/o A Bit of Birdsong on Etsy
- INC. black lace textured raincoat, thrifted last year
- vintage wool/paisley silk scarf, thrifted this summer
- J. Crew grey wool pullover, thrifted this summer
- denim skirt, newly purchased from Goodwill
- silver ring was purchased new over a decade ago
- bangles were swag from a wedding last year
- J. Crew striped wool socks, on clearance (and 3 pairs) 6 years ago
- Frye Victoriana styled knee-high boots, a major shoe investment over 4 years ago
Check out this trailer for BioShock Infinite and tell me: have you, or would you play?