I'm so loving on this outfit. I really like the pattern interplay, all in the same shade of red. Even better with my Black/Red Target Fedora, which I wore after the photoshoot until the end of the day. Since most items were thrifted and/or altered, this little grunger can rest assured that no one else has this outfit. It is one-of-a-kind. I find that most romantic. Wishing all you lovelies a happy Valentines. xo. - Bella Q
Here is the result of our Valentine's Day photoshoot. It is a study of dark reds and black, with lots of pattern play and texture. A loosely interpreted homage to grunge, we took the photos in an abandoned lot, abundant with overgrown grass. We thought the bright green of the grass contrasted smartly with the red in the outfit.
- Red/Black Buffalo plaid halter: Clearance rack at Target, altered to fit.
- Vintage Knit Cardigan by Catalina Sportwear. Acrylic Knit, primitve/folk print. It too, has been altered. The sleeves were turned into 3/4's and trimmed with buffalo plaid trim.
- Red Tartan Plaid Wool Scarf: Salvaged
- Black & White Gingham Rosette Corsage: Salvaged
- Biker Belt: Joe Sun, Sacramento (R.I.P)
- Hemp Fingerless Gloves: Texture
- Grey Denim Jeans: Thrifted & hemmed
- Black/White Gingham Pocket Square, back-pocket: Salvaged
- Polka Dot Ankle Socks: Target, clearance
- Black Leather Wedges: Dr. Scholl's, model's
- Vintage Hawaiian Airline Bag: Thrifted.
(For more photos of the photoshoot, click here)
All Alterations were done by Mama Redwing.
Photographer: Lori Blair-Taffuri
Grunge Grrl: the Bella Q