Around the corner from my house, stands a grand beauty: a great old redwood tree. She towers over her surroundings, a genial sentinel to the alley that runs behind our avenue.
I thought this redwood tree would make a terrific backdrop to a "what I wore today." To be honest, I feel she stole the show. What I wore:
- Vintage B&W plaid car coat with leather buttons and trim. THRIFTED.
- Vintage plaid wool shawl. THRIFTED.
- Red thermal shrug: a CITIZEN ROSEBUD original
- Black Tissue T-shirt: GAP
- Levi's dark rinse short shorts. THRIFTED.
- Black Tights: TARGET.
- Grey knee-high socks: TARGET.
- Black flat scrunch boots. THRIFTED.
- Vintage Red leather purse. THRIFTED.
Feeling like a plaid Zapatista here. Boldly mysterious in my vintage plaid wool scarf with yarn fringe.
I really liked the shots taken with my coat on. The strong grid graphic of the coat played up nicely against the rough reddish tree texture of the bark.
The tree had an immense presence, like a great-grandma sitting out on her porch keeping an eye on the kiddies. Perfect posture. Here's to aging with as much poise and beauty as this tree. I may visit here again more often.
Photo credits: Lori Blair-Taffuri