Another incredible list of good reads from IFB's Links Ala Mode, and guess what, peeps? Yours truly made the list! There's not ONE but TWO fashion blogger's from Sacramento that are featured, so be sure to check out The New Professional's fab D.I.Y. post on turning an A-line into a pencil (skirt that is.) You'll also see Vahni's Friend Friday post: always a good read. So my friends, get the scoop and enjoy your Links Ala Mode!
|IFB: Links Ala Mode October 14th|
Coats on!Edited by: Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie
Change is literally in the air, bringing with it the cold and rain that requires a wardrobe transition. I must confess to being ill prepared myself and as a consequence have been drenched in the freezing cold. Time to get out your boots and coat because fall is well and truly here. I may stick stubbornly to my floral dresses all year round, but the difference is in the layers. So I’m on the look out for fabulous tights and there are a couple of lovely posts to help me choose or even DIY my own style.
Links à la Mode: October 14th
- Beautifully Invisible: The Art of Fashion Photography, as told by guest contributor Casee Marie
- Best of bklyn: A guide to looking great on rainy days.
- Broke & Beautiful: Kelli Murray proves that fashion and style are both forms of art.
- Clothed Much: Blogging tips I’ve learned after a year and a half of blogging
- Dramatis Personae: If I Were Another Person- What would you wear if you were someone else?
- Forever Amber: My discovery of style blogging has also led to a discovery of places around my town that I didn’t even know existed
- Grit and Glamour: Friend Friday: Sticks, Stones, Comments, Criticism, and Kindness
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Bloggers Talk Monetizing Sites
- Intrinsically Florrie: A backstage look at the London Season debutantes of 2010 at the Queen Charlotte’s Ball, featuring Pronovias wedding dresses and Mikimoto jewelry.
- Leia’s Delights: Tutorial on how to enhance curly/wavy hair
- Love Brown Sugar: Why spend your hard-earned dollars on trends that will fade away next season? A Guide To Thrifting Trends
- Make the World a Prettier Place: A selection of beautiful vintage-inspired dresses
- Malvestida: I came across the idea of making a photoshoot about two of the things I love the most: music and fashion.
- Oranges and Apples: Beauty Essentials: Nivea Creme
- Other Dutch Animals: Mad men and English women: reject the high maintenance of the past and do vintage your way
- Skinny Purse: How To Wear Tights – Fall’s Essential Foundation Garment
- Shrimp Salad Circus: Get that extra mile out of your tights with seven fun and fashionable DIY projects!
- Style Eyes: Sustainable Clothing – Progress by the UK high street and online retailers since the launch of the sustainable clothing action plan
- The Citizen Rosebud: The story a a couple of backhanded compliments
- The Coveted: Is it Fall Yet? What to wear in transitional weather.
- The New Professional: DIY: Turn an A-line into a pencil skirt.
Shopbop Dresses; Jersey, Maxi, Mini, Black, Cocktail, One Shoulder, Work, & Sweater dresses