It is no secret that I LOVE street style. Today's outfit was definitely inspired by a previous fashion incarnation of my former self. Think back when most of you were babies, and I was stomping around the Castro and the Mission District in San Francisco in my college days discovering life after Sabbath school. It was the mid-'80's, and friends, I was having a very good time. That is when I discovered street culture, street style and loved seeing the wild characters from my 'hood.
I loved the carnival of it: the bright techni-colored hair, the modern primitive tattoos and piercings, the gypsy layers of silver jewelry that seemed grow like vines over every finger, wrist and ear. I was intrigued by the influence of underground culture elements burgeoning into the mainstream. I loved going into corner bars and seeing business suits mixing with kids in fetish gear. People weren't dressing for success; they were dressing to express.
|My name is Bella Q and I am a personal style blogger.|
|I am sure the Sartorialist would find me boring. Maybe that's why I prefer Street Style Aesthetics|
- vintage checkered cotton handkerchief
- white heart sunglasses- Prevues
- hand-me-down army jacket
- cute skull pins- Fringe on 21
- freebie- re-worked Obey T-shirt
- beige lace camisole top-Thrift Town
- l.e.i. light rinse jean shorts- Thrift Town
- BUTT UGLY- U.K. print linen hand-bag
- vintage mechanic boots- thrifted