|Two Scoops of Tasty! The Citizen Made this Week's IFB Links Ala Mode.|
If you are a member of Independent Fashion Bloggers and want to connect with the Citizen there, click this link here and send me a friend request. On my sidebar, you'll see the IFB badge proudly posted, well, it is linked to my profile page, so a click sends you direct to me. Say hello!
|Making a Wish and YOU are it.|
SAVAGE BLOGGING Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
Savage Beauty. Don't tell me you haven't heard the paradoxically exquisite title of the Alexander McQueen exhibit currently mesmerizing the fashion world and the blogosphere. I mention it for two reasons. First, a couple bloggers in this week's roundup show you the exhibit in New York—as well as a satellite version in London—through their own lenses. So if you didn't know about it, check out their posts and resurrect your fashion cred.
Savage Blogging. Now that's my title, and while it was inspired by the McQueen exhibit, it also characterizes the approach many bloggers take, as well as entries this week that speak to the issue. Want to be haute stuff in the blog world, like The Sartorialist? Think it's all a numbers game? Well, I certainly hope not. That is savage blogging: when your objective ceases to be the art of it, the connection, and you are devoured by an obsession with your numbers. When you get so big that you forget you used to be a nobody until fellow bloggers read your blog and lifted you up. When you stop conversing, and simply become a talking head. With a camera. No thanks.
As blogging and social media mature, many are finally realizing what my mama told me years ago: You get more flies with honey. Don't be savage bloggers, loves. When you give and interact genuinely, your star will shine, I promise you. Your numbers will grow, and people won't write you any "open letters" to remind you that you've gotten a little too big for your britches. Honey, honeybuns. Got it?
Links à la Mode: May 12th
- A Reason to be Fabulous: The classic white button-down remixed for work and play.
- Best of Bklyn: The six shoes every girl should have for a complete shoe wardrobe.
- Beyond Fabric: How to solve your hemming conundrums.
- Boheme Noir: The 20 most pointless designer accessoires ever.
- Brunette Blogging: Blogging Commandments — do's and don'ts for bloggers.
- By Anika:Colouring outside the lines, in fashion and in life.
- Consider Me Lovely: Things I Now Know For Sure (lessons in blogging)
- Dozen Dresses: The First-Timer's Guide to Shopping In Paris
- Decoding Dress: An open letter to Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist)
- Finding Tokyo: Why do you blog? It's not about numbers....it's about the connection.
- Grit & Glamour: Shots You Never Saw and What They Taught Me
- HauteWorld: Harvey Nichols brings "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" to London.
- Her Catwalk: 7 More Ways to Stop Impulse Spending
- IFB: How to Break the Ice at Events
- KP Fusion: Moment of Honesty: What's the purpose of your blog?
- Letters to Daria: Travel in style or comfort?
- Lights So Bright: The difference between leopard and cheetah prints.
- NY Don't Leave Me: Tackling sandals and socks!
- Shoeperwoman: The Trouble with Dresses
- The Citizen Rosebud: The I.O.U. Project—a new online venture aiming to make a difference.
- This Is A Yes: Alexander McQueen Exhibit at the Met
ice one birdie...and a veru pointy outdated coller always goes down well with the fashion turd! x
Found you from EBEW. Love the capture of that wish flower!
Love this post, too. Definitely food for thought. I've often thought the same thing and wonder how people stay genuinely involved when their numbers grow massively.
love your pic, love your outfit color combo and also love gingham!, it's a so summery fabric, classic and fresh, and love specially in red&white, delightful!, it make me think in old movies and summer holidays!
Such a cute look Bella dear! It's perfect for Spring and eating ice cream :-)
Congrats on makin the linx again! They are lucky to have you! And your outfit is like a picnic you can wear, I wanna fill that tote with beer and hang out at the park in it, with you. I don't know how that would work, but still!
You are so adorable!! Congrats on making the links list - they made a very good choice.
I have not been to Gunther's in a few years - it has been far too long!!
Gigham - I LOVE it but I do not own anything gigham (I am way too picky and it will take me FOREVER to find a piece I like) but I hope to someday!
Have a great weekend!!
Hey there lovely, too cool for school" you are with your adorable outfit. cute. It seems as if it could be the hottest day of the year with that sunny cone, and there you are still styling so nicely in gingham & buttoned up. I'm a fan of the collar as well. "This week's LAM was amazing!! Congrats dear!
I love gingham with a passion! It has such an innocent, retro feel to it.
Congrats on making the Links A La Mode again! Your blog is truly beautiful and well written, I love it :)
Pretty look Bella!
Congratulations on your post being selected for Links a la mode.
Congratulations my dear friend. You are an icecram yourself.
Congratulations my dear dear Bella!!! You deserve the mention every single time! :)
I love that bag you're carrying.......& Gingham, now how can one NOT love that???
Ice cream, bubbles, gingham, red chucks and all around cuteness; you know how to live life!
You can't really go wrong with gingham, denim and ice cream. ACE.
Congratulations on making the Links a la Mode list, so not surprised. You are the best! And yes to the ice cream. Have a great weekend.
I like your bold and personal style. It's refreshing.
Dang, that's some good-looking ice cream!
That ice cream looks delicious & you look delightful. Love love.
Ah, Icecream - perfect to savour in warm weather - and I enjoyed the links you included too. xx
Yummy, that ice cream looks soooo good!
Congrats on making the list!
Uh I just noticed that i was not following you - all this time and I was not following!!!
I LOVE gingham. Love it to bits. Have gingham pants, skirts, dresses, shirts, bows, bandannas...
You look gorgeous and I LOVE the pointy collar - and the ice cream.
Post a Comment