What is it about gingham that makes me want to go on a picnic? Or at least crave cheese sandwiches, potato chips and soda? I love the steadiness of its regular check pattern. Gingham is the plaid of optimism. This is classic, American summer on-the-go. The skirt is a Citizen Rosebud re-make: a black & white gingham print mini skirt with a bit of tulle added at the hem. It reminds me for some reason of Mary Quant and her Ginger Girls from the 1960's, so I dolled up accordingly. READ: this is my rendition of a post-modern-mod. I'm wearing lots of white eye-shadow, pink lipstick, plastic accessories, and a gingham headband in a sort-of Carnaby-Road-Rogue sort of way. And these little black patent booties are most definitely an homage to the vinyl go-go boot of that era.
" This is classic, American summer on-the-go."
- White vintage sunglasses, thrifted
- Gingham Ribbon as headband, JoAnne's Fabrics
- Black Knit tank embellished with a big vintage button, Citizen Rosebud
- B/W Gingham print mini-skirt with tulle hem, Citizen Rosebud
- Vinyl cuff made from a record, Cuffs (shopcuffs.com)
- Ruby & Bloom black patent booties, thrifted (Thrift Town)
- Polka Dot purse, gifted and thrifted (Goodwill)